There is a specific application process for this course, as we admit a limited number of students. We encourage applications from all UBC faculties (ie, it is not restricted to APSC and Sauder students), though please note that this course is open to 4th/final year students only.
Application Deadline: May 1, 2017, 9 AM. This deadline is firm.
- Students in Applied Science, Science or other science-related faculties will send their application to Tamara Etmannski and Antony Hodgson
- Students in Commerce, Law, Arts or similar faculties will send their application to Paul Cubbon (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Application instructions (finalized):
- Prepare a single PDF document that includes, in the following order:
- A copy of your current transcript – unofficial copy from UBC website is fine.
- A statement of why you want to take this course and how your previous experience has prepared you and motivated you to participate. Please include your name, student number and email address at the top of this statement.
- A personal résumé outlining any relevant experience you may have (e.g. any business activities and jobs, co-op & internships, volunteer work, teamwork, leadership skills, product development activities previously undertaken personally or with others).
- Note: we have found that the Sejda online PDF merge utility works well.
- Email this single PDF document to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org using the following subject line: [NVD Application] Your Name – Your Department (eg, ‘[NVD Application] Anne Baker – ECE’)
- Fill out selected personal details (name, student number, email, department/program, GPA, previous entrepreneurial courses or experience) at this online survey site.
After our initial review of applications, we may request a Skype or in-person interview with you in May or the beginning of June.
Acceptance notices will be sent by email in early June.