The EDC is the first and only resource building on campus specifically intended to connect students from all of UBC’s engineering programs in order to promote interdisciplinary team work, which is increasingly the norm in industry.
The EDC is a tremendous addition to the engineering precinct, and greatly enhances engineering education at UBC.
UBC Engineering’s undergraduate and graduate students are able to collaboratively plan, design, assemble, and exhibit their projects –from biomedical devices to ultra-lightweight, fuel-efficient vehicles.
For design instruction, communal learning, studying, project work, and meetings,
features of the three-storey, 20,322 -square-foot (1888 square meters) facility include :
Available as study space when not in use for class. Bookings posted on the doors.
• 1st Floor EDC Design Studio with Mezzanine or EDC Room 102– Capacity: 100 people- with a projector.
• 3rd Floor EDC Classroom or EDC Room 301 –Capacity: 66 people-
• 1st floor: EDC ATRIUM Hallway or EDC Room 100 – 6 tables X 4 chairs + 8 armchairs-
– for meeting, studying & socializing. For any event, request booking.
• 2nd floor: EDC Balcony Hallway : 24 seats
• 2nd floor: EDC Reading and Study Room or Room 201 –carpeted room for 60 people-
– also a group study area.
• 3rd floor EDC Balcony Hallway: 24 seats
Bookings posted on the doors-
• 2nd Floor: EDC Michael Isaacson Meeting Room or EDC Room 224 -8-10 people-
• 3rd Floor: EDC Boardroom or EDC Room 302 -20 people-
ONLY by fob/card reader. Request to EDTC or APSC supervisor.
1st Floor: EDC Competition Space with Composite Room or EDC Room 101
2nd Floor: EDC Student Workshop or EDC Room 211
2nd Floor: EDC Electronic Workroom or EDC Room 213
3rd Floor: EDC Student Workshop 2 or EDC Room 303
Please use the space with care.